Hammerskin Nation and Crew 38 - Powered by vBulletin
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abo pride
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook

It sounds to me that trying to preserve their language is a lost cause and a waste of money. The government needs to realize that these people will never evolve past the caveman mentality

Relentless Internet Poster BMX racist's Avatar

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/201...-visit/6123978

An Native American woman from a reservation in the United States has arrived in Central Australia to exchange knowledge with local Indigenous groups.

Shalaya Williams is a member of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.

She's currently working with tribal elders to research bush foods and traditional ecological knowledge, and is also a skilled horse woman.

Ms Williams says she's excited to be spending the next month in Indigenous communities learning about everything from camel management to bush foods.

"I came over here not only to tell our side of the story but to grasp their story and bring it home as well.

"Their connection with the land and our connection with the land is very similar, so I think it's great we're sharing these stories."

Shalaya will visit Santa Teresa, Watarrka and Docker River.

So who payed for
      This indigenous exchange?This native
      American comes around to find out "The Abo side of
      The story"?

The waste of money on Abos is criminal! They smash everything
      They get,Then people who have contracts to maintain things,profit. They get educated, with a simple curriculum.

A few get jobs in the real world. On welfare from the cradle to the grave the majority.If you do work you are obligated to share come pay day with family. I had an indige assistant .The elder said to the business,only if we employed one could we work on "his land". He was a better behaved one but you couldn't fire him or discipline him if he worked poorly.A necessary evil to have on the team.

Believe me !biggest waste of money I ever saw! I pay 30% tax and this is one reason why! Then you have white people who claim aboriginality to get welfare and education benefits no body else gets!
      Their "free for all "ghettos need to stop! If the Asians ever run this place in 50 + years they won't allow it!
      Last edited by BMX racist; 06-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/nation...82f700800c2833

FOX Sports presenter Hannah Hollis has opened up about the “awful” bullying she suffered at high school because of her indigenous heritage.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph about the significance of NAIDOC Week, the 26-year-old recalled how at 14 she was ostracised at school because of her background.
      “I went to a private all-girls school in Canberra.

“There weren’t many Aboriginals around and I was the only one at my high school. I was bullied and not invited to birthday parties because they thought the Aboriginal was going to steal their toys,” said Hollis, whose maternal great-grandmother came from the Jawoyn people in the Northern Territory.

Ironically, it was a school speech she gave during *^@&!NAIDOC Week that instigated the torment.

“After that I became known as the ‘dirty abo’ ... they were formative years and it was tough. I didn’t have any friends at school.”

However the experience also ignited a fierce determination in the Darwin-born reporter to prove the bullies wrong, and to speak up for her culture.
      “I thought, ‘how dare you make me feel ashamed of who I am’, ”she said. “I never thought I would feel ashamed of who I was or where I came from.”

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-0...56?pfmredir=sm

A Queensland mother has slammed a "racist" and "harmful" Queensland Government advertisement which featured her son without her knowledge, and is now calling for greater discussion about institutionalised racism.

The advertisement, which was featured on the Teach Queensland Facebook page, depicted a number of young Indigenous boys sitting with a white teacher, who was quoted as saying, "I have a soft spot for the troublemaker or the kid that everyone thought wouldn't make it".

The post sparked heavy criticism online and was pulled from social media, with the Queensland Department of Education and Training issuing a statement "apologising unreservedly for the offence caused".

Dr Chelsea Bond, the mother of one of the young Indigenous boys in the post, was only made aware of her son's involvement in the advertisement after she stumbled across it online.

She said she was "deeply disappointed" in the post, which she said perpetrated harmful stereotypes and victimised her son.

"When I looked and saw my son was in there, I was shocked … and I'm really disappointed that my son would be framed like that, but unfortunately I'm not surprised," she said.

"As the mother of that child I just think I don't need you to come and save my kids … he's a really smart kid, it's almost funny because it was so far removed from the truth.

"I can show his NAPLAN results that show he's awesome … his Grade 3 reading results were off the charts."

Dr Bond, a lecturer in Indigenous Studies at the University of Queensland, said while she appreciated that the post was quickly removed and that she was offered a personal apology, she would like to see further action from the Government to try and tackle racist stereotyping.

"It just so happens this kid's mum is a university lecturer and has a platform to speak out," she said.

"We're imagined in a way that doesn't reflect who we are and the only way we can be better is to be more like white people, or be saved by white people."

'Do they think I'm a troublemaker?'
      A spokesperson for the Queensland Department of Education and Training said those involved in putting the post together would be offered training.

"The department is committed to supporting the education of every student in every state school across Queensland," the spokesperson said.

"The department is contacting families of students in the image and responding to members of the public who raised concerns.

"The officers concerned have been counselled and required to undertake cultural awareness training."

But Dr Bond said cultural training would not ensure it did not happen again, and said she wanted to see a broader conversation about how institutionalised racism damages Indigenous people.

"At the age of 11, [my son's] first response seeing the images was shock, and saying, 'Do they think I'm a trouble-maker?' she said.

"He not only saw the image but he read the narrative.

"Why didn't someone in the process of putting together that image, and that quote and then publishing ... how did they not work it out [that it was offensive]?"

The Queensland Education Minister was unavailable for comment.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/op...9045f50fce11ee

PLANS to close Ayers Rock to climbers from 2019 add more weight to the notion that the most divisive force in Australia is not white people, but Aboriginal activists.

Already in response, other Aboriginal advocacies are calling for more natural landmarks to be closed to non-Aborigines, such as Mt Warning in northern NSW.

Closing The Rock to climbers will likely set off a domino effect of similar exclusion orders around the country.

Locally, entry to Mossman Gorge is controlled by the Kuku Yalanji people. They say entry needed to be managed to prevent damage by visitors.

The same can’t be said for the hardy chunk of sandstone in Central Australia. Instead, it’s being closed for “cultural reasons”.

In the Daintree, the State Government is looking at increasing the role of Aboriginal culture in managing the area. This includes limiting entry to “sacred sites”.

Those proposing closures say indigenous law should trump the law of the land.

For instance, chairman of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park board of management at Ayers Rock, Sammy Wilson, said of the native people: “Anangu have a governing system but the whitefella government has been acting in a way that breaches our laws.”

This is absurd and divisive.

If white people proposed a different set of laws for themselves, it would make international headlines and draw worldwide condemnation.

But laws that exclude whites are praised and defended.

Another example from the Daintree is that indigenous people can take dogs into the World Heritage area, light fires and shoot guns.

Good luck doing that if you’re not from the right tribal group.

In the Hinchinbrook, a big chunk of Missionary Bay is off-limits to anyone who’s not a traditional owner without a permit in order to protect “cultural resources”, without actually saying what those are.

Preserving “culture” is continually pushed by activists determined to punish modern non-Aboriginal Australians for the sins of their fathers.

In reality, Aboriginal culture while undoubtedly worthy of pride, respect and learning, has been misused by some to promote self-segregation, with “no whites” computer rooms, sporting teams, jobs and land – all while criticising non-indigenous for failing to embrace “reconciliation”.

But it’s hard to reconcile when the other party keeps telling you how terrible you are and says you can’t go to certain places.

If you don’t support partioning off Australia along racial lines decided by Aborigines, you’re culturally insensitive, ignorant, bigoted, and racist.

But whenever a defence of European, Caucasian or Christian culture is offered, there are reminders that we must all be eternally ashamed.

Natural features such as mountains, rocks, swimming holes, beaches and rivers belong to no one and should be accessed and enjoyed by all.

As explained recently by someone upset by this: “To ban anybody who is not indigenous from freely accessing this chunk of ancient dried sandstone is a form of racism. If the Human Rights Commission was of any use whatsoever it would be smacking this disgusting, selfish, nasty decision down.”

If Aborigines say climbing Ayers Rock – or Uluru as they call it – is disrespectful to their culture, we can acknowledge that.

So no hitting golf balls off The Rock, no partying, no defecating and no leaving of rubbish.

Aboriginal rangers could patrol the area and prosecute those who don’t treat the climb respectfully.

Same goes for the Hinchinbrook, Mossman Gorge and the Daintree.

Anyone should be allowed to go for free but not to desecrate.

Mt Olympus, Mt Everest, Mt Kiliminjaro, Mt Fuji, the Rock of Gibraltar – all these natural features are sacred to the indigenous peoples of those lands.

But you can still climb on them, and in fact, it is encouraged – respectfully of course.

So we must ask, if Aboriginal activists truly want “reconciliation” in a united Australia, what would work better: demanding laws that only benefit Aborigines and exclude whites? Or encouraging their people to be more tolerant, more open to change and more inclusive?