Hammerskin Nation and Crew 38 - Powered by vBulletin
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New laws about the treatment of "Transgender" school students.
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Relentless Internet Poster BMX racist's Avatar

Default New laws about the treatment of "Transgender" school students.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...bb9f0f629fc8b2

TRANSGENDER school students will be able to use their preferred names, wear the uniform and use the toilets of their choice, and sleep alongside students of their identified gender on school camps.

A new Education Department policy has, for the first time, explicitly detailed how public schools should accommodate transgender students in line with their legal responsibilities.

The department says the policy would ensure “consistent, clear” treatment of transgender pupils by school leaders, who have previously relied on the advice of bureaucrats.

“The difference is that this clearly articulates what we require from schools,” executive director of statewide services and child development Ann-Marie Hayes said.

“We had a number of queries from schools and parents, and we needed to make it very clear what our legislative requirements were and how schools enact them — supporting principals in particular but also families in what they can expect from schools.”

The policy ensures transgender students can:

USE their preferred first name and pronoun, such as she, he, or they;

ACCESS toilets and change rooms that match their gender identity;

CHOOSE from all uniform options available at the school;

SHARE sleeping quarters on school camps that correspond with their gender identity;

TAKE part in Physical Education lessons and most sports as their identified gender.

The new policy makes clear that “inflexible” dress codes — that require students to wear uniforms of a gender they do not identify with — breach anti-discrimination laws.

Ms Hayes stressed the policy applied to transgender students whose gender identity had been discussed with parents and confirmed by health professionals.

She said there was no chance that a boy could temporarily pretend to be transgender in order to sleep in girls’ dormitories on school camps.

If the wishes of transgender students to “affirm their identity” clashed with those of their parents, the policy allowed schools to “assess the best interests of the child to ensure their physical and psychological safety and wellbeing”.

However, Ms Hayes said in practice schools would always work with families and it was “highly unlikely” they would ever go against the wishes of parents, except if a student had already turned 18.

It would be an “absolute last resort” if, for example, a student was judged to be a suicide risk.

Ms Hayes said the policy would send a message of tolerance to all students.

“This is a particular group that we know get quite bullied and harassed,” she said.

“The message we are giving to peers here is we don’t support homophobia and transphobia in a school setting.”

SHine SA, which delivers the controversial Safe Schools diversity and anti-bullying program in SA, backed the policy.

Chief executive Jill Davidson said bullying of gender diverse students had “a significant impact on wellbeing, school attendance and educational outcomes”, and the policy would ensure students

“receive a quality education in a safe, supportive and inclusive environment”.

“Schools have been looking for support in this area and it is great to have formal policies that provide them with direction and guidance.”

Last True Aussie

Catering to a minority. Minorities in all white countries get preferential treatment. Dare object ? Better not.

I read the letters section of the paper here and more and more I read letters from disgruntled parents. They have good reason to be upset because the Public schools are throwing PC nonsense down the kids necks! What ever happened to :- Reading Writing and Arithmatic? Some of the letters are about Parents hearing stories from their kids about bloody teachers sitting down opening up the lap top to surf the net and hit up facebook, while the kids aren't getting the attention.

Then there are stories about teachers showing up constantly late for the lesson, the dudes a teacher's college graduate who is some mung bean munching hippie who doesn't teach properly. If your kid goes to a remote school well.. then expect a teacher who has little experience straight out of teacher's college or teachers who get crap wages due to budget penny pinching from the state.

Why the hell do our kids have to learn about this B/S gender issues nonsense? Why is it so bloody important? Would it hurt the little homo's feelings if he was called "He" or made to use the "boys toilet"?

What's all this "Harmony day " B/S ? why is it so important to celebrate multiculturalism , something we had no say in. Something Australian's of the past certainly rejected!?

Last True Aussie

I think most Australians. Even abos would reject diversity and the warped transgender ( remember they are really ) Transvestites ! Living amongst our children. Truly disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Last True Aussie View Post
      I think most Australians. Even abos would reject diversity and the warped transgender ( remember they are really ) Transvestites ! Living amongst our children. Truly disgusting.
      When my Dad was a kid in the 40's and 50's Homosexuality was prohibited.Who changed all that?Donald Dunstan!
      This guy was a bi sexual and race mixing bastard who was Premier of South Australia. This clown was also in cohorts with Australia's most PC and degenerate Prime Minister "Gough Whitlam"! Who destroyed the White Australia policy as well as destroying industries by signing the Lima trade declaration allowing Globalisation!

In the last year I had two dealings with these " trans people".
      The first was in NZ. They had a tour bus driver who called himself "Rachael". It was hard not to keep a straight face with this weirdo who was showcasing NZ off to people.

The next was a trans called "Chris" who was a wood worker in a furniture factory. He had workboots,hi vis and stubbies on. But the poof had lipstick, eye shadow and fake nails! Watching him in the industrial environment was a truely odd experience . I remained cordial to these people and still showed manners but gee it was hard keeping a straight face!

Notice how on ABC news 24 they have a Trans man"Catherine" doing cricket reports?Trying to make the weirdos socially acceptable!

This is happening here in the u.s. also.. now the LGBT is promoting ageless love.. wtf saying pedofiles is OK .. it's a fucking disease like the rest of the LGBT ... Should be exterminated... The left is pushing hard to protect these p.o.s. all while brainwashing our youth in schools for years.. changing history books to fit Thier agenda..

My High School just welcomed these Trannies this School year. Sadly the trend is catching on and now half of the Freshman girls are trannies who are using our restroom. Now I see groups of Fags grabbing each others asses in a big group while walking down the hallway. A lot of the older kids are against it. Homosexuality, bisexuality, Transger all that garbage are going to become the new racism. More and more teachers are telling kids that this kind of stuff is ok just like they told me and my friends that "racism is wrong" unfortunately many kids in Middle school our falling for the Homo lie just as the older kids have fallen for the "white guilt" lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Young And White View Post
      My High School just welcomed these Trannies this School year. Sadly the trend is catching on and now half of the Freshman girls are trannies who are using our restroom. Now I see groups of Fags grabbing each others asses in a big group while walking down the hallway. A lot of the older kids are against it. Homosexuality, bisexuality, Transger all that garbage are going to become the new racism. More and more teachers are telling kids that this kind of stuff is ok just like they told me and my friends that "racism is wrong" unfortunately many kids in Middle school our falling for the Homo lie just as the older kids have fallen for the "white guilt" lie.
      Ok they have a:-male toilet,female toilet and disabled toilet,perhaps now they are going to make a "trans/gay" toilet?can you imagine the lewd conduct in there?

It's just getting ridiculous. It is inappropriate conduct to show physical affection at school regardless of gender. Because they are Trans should that make them a "protected species"?!

It is getting to the point where anything goes. You can dress and wear what you want in an institution and then say " why target me just for my looks and what I choose to wear,"even if it isn't appropriate.
      I guess that's what the system wants though!? A mixed up free for all?

So after trans rights, what's next? Give Apes passports and rights and allow them to attend learning institutions too? They already tried that with Aboriginals ...and The Germans were the only ones to make learning work for them!

Last True Aussie

I read online that Trump wiped all the lgbtq ( excuse me if I missed a letter ) crap off of government websites as soon as he was sworn in. Good on him.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...b399a60fced9df

MALE teachers have less positive attitudes towards transgender students than females and are not as comfortable working with them, South Australian research shows.

And teachers who have worked with transgender students before are not always more confident about caring for them than less experienced colleagues.

Instead, Flinders University researchers have found confidence is more closely tied to training — or having a transgender friend or family member — prompting calls for more professional development.

In the first Australian study of its kind at a primary school level, 180 teachers and student teachers were surveyed to find out the capacity of schools to support trans students.

Associate Professor Damien Riggs said men “struggle more with what it means to be transgender”.

But rather than any intrinsic difference between men and women, he said it was the result of “societal expectations” on men.

“It’s not as though men’s views are fixed,” Prof Riggs said, adding training was as effective for men as women.

A full breakdown of the survey has been published in the latest edition of Teaching and Teacher Education journal, after initial survey results were included in a Flinders University report last year.

Overall the participants had positive attitudes, with strong support shown for the need for training on handling harassment of trans students, allowing them to wear the uniform they feel most comfortable in, and allowing students to form Gay-Straight Alliance or similar groups at school.

The survey was conducted before the SA Education Department introduced an explicit policy on how schools should support transgender students at the end of last year.